Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 3...The fog is lifting.....


So I woke up this morning.

And it was BEFORE my alarm. And I wasnt tired at all. Now mind you, I watched gLee and then went to bed shortly after getting lunch and snacks and backpacks all together for school today, so I did have a good 8 hours of sleep in, but with two wake ups by kiddos and the urge to pee like twice, I was VERY surprised that I felt so rested. I dont remember the last time I woke up and felt rip raring ready to go. I wont actually attribute it to the new eating, nor the lengthy sleep until we are a few more days in. BUT I enjoyed it immensely-- and I hope in continues. Every morning at 7 I have to have all the kiddos up and get them all ready so we can drive Anthony in to school...so me being on point really makes this time alot less frustrating. And that was with NO coffee, no diet coke (i love you and miss you), and no hot cocoa or something delightfully breakfastish that I used to frequent.
So thats good news I suppose.

Other points..Im always warm now. And yesterday, my face was even flushed a little bit in the late afternoon. Its almost like I can feel the furnace inside burning up some extra fat. I woke in the night a billion degrees and have reverted back to walking around barefoot. As I type, Im enjoying some decaf green tea and Im actually roasting. But its free heat and Ill take it :)

Tony and I had a discussion this morning about americas eating habits... again its so NOT surprising that we have an obesity epedemic when a BAG of cheesy poofs are 1.00 a bag at kroger. And a PEAR I bought yesterday, yes a single lonely pear, cost me 1.38. Thats 40 cents more for ONE pear (which they devoured the instant I turned my back altho I wanted to make a spicy pear salsa with it.. those piggys). So why WOULDNT the budget strapped, penny counting american choose to buy 3 bags of cheesy poofs instead of TWO pears? Seems like a no-brainer to me. Hopefully prices on produce and healthy stuff with start to be on te same scale as the empty calorie trans fat laden treats... if that were the case then maybe america wouldnt be in such a tight spot. Literally :)

I happen to hit kroger yesterday as they were marking down diapers (OH GLORIOUS DAY!)..even tho Elliana only wears one at night for safety sake.. it was amazing! I stocked up and got a couple to give as gifts,etc. I also got lots of english cukes on sale for 1.00 (the kids and I love them), zucchini, yellow squash, 4 cartons of strawberries, 3 fresh packages of salmon which I portioned threw in some fresh dill and froze, pistaschios,red bell pepper, and other asst goods. And its obvious when we are really trying to eat better here in this house because the grocery bills get enormous and fast like. Im sooo looking forward to spring and summer.. there is a farmers market right down the road from me. OH! And I also found the most amazing sun dried tomatoes that I put in the veggie sautee last night. YUM~ I was always a bit hesitant when it came to those.

Tonite is date night for the hubs and I.. so it will be my first challenge eating at some place other than home. Im hoping to do a chicken breast/veggie/salad kind of dinner. Not drinking my beloved DC will be a challenge but then again paying 2.00 for fountain pop always irritated me anyhow.

Have a great day everyone :) You InSpIrE me to make good choices and stay on plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment