Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 4...Check yourself or you'll wreck yourself.





Mornin!

So last night I had a fabulous date night with my hubs. We went to Meijer and pamida (i know, thrilling) and then to Luckys for dinner. He got a delicious looking prime rib and shrimp special and I got an amazing spinach salad with bits of bacon, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, red onions... oh and a POUND of blue cheese. I did see on the description that it said blue cheese but I thought well ill just scrape it to the side and Tony can eat it. Right. When the salad came,...altho very beautiful it was very obvious that I wasnt going to be able to do a quick scrape. But I did manage to remove 70 percent of it, and instead of eating a couple bites of tonys prime beast, I just counted it as the protien part of my dinner. Its not really allowed tho on the paleo plan so I feel a bit bummed out about it being on there. Overall tho, I feel I did well. I skipped the AMAZING garlicy herbed loaf of bread they constantly replenish, and also we both drank water with lemon.. not diet pop/reg pop. From now on tho- Ill make sure I custom order things Im planning on eating at a restaurant.. afterall I am paying them to make it s why not get a little picky!

For breakfast this morning, Im having 2 hrd boiled organic omega 3 enriched eggs with my left over zucchini sautee , 3 kumquats and some red peppers. Not only does it look fantastic, it tastes super yummy.

The lesson I learned last night at Luckys is that I had to not rationalize eating all the delish blue cheese. I had to recognize that it wasnt part of what I was suppose to be eating, and do what I could do to eat around it. I couldnt let myself be talked into eating it even tho my brain is a master manipulator. Would it have completely ruined my weeks worth of work? Probably not, as it wasnt a dozen donuts or something. But it IS the little things. In every way of life eating plan there has to be a little give and a little take. But that doesnt equate to a dozen crispy cremes (can you believe ive NEVER had one of those!) Drinking water, avoiding the bread of delight/doom and eating 80 percent of a salad I removed 70 percent of the sins from will still equal a win in my book. And if I compare it to the last time I was there where the DC and the bread was free flowing into my gullet, along with lobster pasta with cream sauce then its a double win.

Plus.. it was time alone with my adorable husband :) Us mommys need to feel like girls again too sometimes!

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment