Thursday, September 30, 2010

Attention mommies...

Well and daddies too.. well honestly anyone that likes to eat or drink :)

So if you havent seen it, the Krog has Welch's 100 percent grape juice on sale for 2.49. There are 1.00/1 and 1.00/2 coupons out there... some even hanging on these giant 64oz bottles of grape delight.

I went the other day and bought 12. And Im not done. I will go again before monday and buy 10 more. I cannot beat it for 2.00 for a giant jug of actual juice and not watery juice with sweetner. And yes, I am that mom. For the first month I was buying big boxes of juicy juice 100% juice boxes for anthony and Dom to take to school. But the other kiddos like them too and they were killing that box off waaaayyy to fast. They run about 10 bucks a box or at the base I can get them for 7 ish. So now, after someone finishes a mini bottle of water, I have been recycling them into homemade juice holders for snack and lunch. thankfully, my son is still too young to be mortified by this and Ill keep on sneaking it in there until he complains. Hey.. if you want to use allowance and birthday money for juice boxes, I wont argue :) So get in there and get some of those jugs. And some raspberries for the freezer as they are 10/10 again. Normally about 2.50 for the same tiny package and they freeze well. Ok , Im done soap boxing about my love of stockpiling. One day.. you will love it too :)

Second note before I make some lunch for the clan over here.

Today is Anthony's birthday. He is 6 years old!!!! First off, I cant believe it has been 6 years~ then again, if I think about it, it seems like just yesterday that he was born. My mom came down because they had stripped my membranes and had scheduled induction for the 30th at 7. But by midnight of the 6th, I was starting to have contractions (or what I thought to be).. and by 2:30a she had talked me into showering and having Tony take me to the hospital. After all the paperwork and changing and settling in, I found out I was already dilated to a 5! So soon after, the blessed epidural woman came in (didnt do a great job but it took the edge off) ... and a few hours later after 20 minutes of pushing.. we had a beautiful baby boy. And, he really was beautiful. He was all of 8 pounds, nice ounces of chubby, cherubic, full lipped, some hair, beautiful skin tone bundle of joy. And I know. Im his mom. Of course he was gorgeous to me. But Im also honest. For those of you that know Dominic now, you know he is the cutest, prettiest little lady killer of a 4 yr old.. complete with dimple. But when he was born.. at 7 pounds 1 ounce, 3 weeks early. He looked like an alien. I mean an adorable alien blessed with 10 fingers and 10 toes and everything in the right spot. But an alien, none the less. After a few weeks of the boob juice he was well on his way of fattening up and being much less E.T ish. But I digress.
I remember bringing anthony home for the first night. And I was so scared. He was crying anytime I laid him down in his bassinet. Thank God my mom was there. I kept thinking to myself.. who entrusted ME with all this responsibility?? How can I be in charge of another life? And such a little, and fragile one at that??
Sometimes when I look at him now, I still see that little meatheaded baby. His birth hair ended up falling out so he was bald for quite awhile and the new hair was quite blonde so even tho he had hair.. it didnt look like it. He did have the most beautiful ice blue eyes and his daddys smile. He was a very tolerant baby too.. Id load him up and we'd be off getting tools or supplies for daddy... delivering stuff, going out to dinner with friends, shopping, or just hanging out. Him and I had 13 whole months together before The Dom cheese came along.. and those are 13 months I will treasure forever. Maybe he remembers the time that it was just him? The days of singing and playing in his old navy bat pjs?...The time when he wore a tuxedo to our wedding when he was 6 months old? I sure hope so... because to me, those are some of the best memories of him that I will never forget.

Happy Birthday Beez :)
Love you to the moon and back!

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I teared up a little reading this one. Love love love the Beezer McCheeser. And I agree, those were a great 13 months. :)

    ReplyDelete