Saturday, September 11, 2010

Drained.

Whew. Made it through Anthony's first week at school. Overall, it went waaay better than I anticipated. He got up great every day, was excited for the bus, and generally happy with what was going on during the day. Ill take that as a win for the D'Ambrosio household :) I was really kind of worried how he'd go so long without eating or snacks with his endless pit, but hes doing great. The house definitely has a different chemistry without him. Dominic has started to take on the role of the leader (which means trouble!). Him and Rocco were chumming around with the girl and there really weren't alot of tangled up arms or all out brawls. Must mean my babies are growing up! Tear :'( So i did some garage sale-ing this weekend and found Elliana a brand new OshGosh pink snowsuit with adorable flower print.....for 5 bucks. I about jumped up and clicked my heels together. Normally id try to barter and get it for less but I already felt like I was STEALING it from her. So I happily paid my 5 bucks and a couple other single dollars for an adorable xmas dress and pink fleece. Ohh....I just LOVE a good garage sale. You know, the ones where when you pull up theres more than 3 tables of random junk? But a whole garage full and tables upon tables just waiting to be picked over and bartered for? There is nothing worse than driving for like 2 miles to find a garage sale and then when you pull up it is either A: consisting of 3 tables of screwdrivers, old christmas decor and duck decoys. Or B: The house where its at is at the end of a SUPER long driveway.. and usually Im too scaredy chicken to pull down that drive because I soooo do not want to end up in a deep hole in his basement having to rub the lotion on my skin!!! (shudder) So here's to you... garage sale host pro fess ion al. Keep on buyin your kids full price, name brand clothes. You have great taste. Ill be back next year to fleece you again for a big bag of stuff for 20 bucks. My boys will enjoy the long sleeve Nike shirts in mint condition for $1/each, old navy swim trunks for .50/each, and for Elliana, the beautiful holiday dress it looks like you customordered from somewhere high-end ..for $2 I will gladly raise my garage sale acquired kitchy coffee cup to you... you're helping me get more budge in my budget :)

1 comment:

  1. HEHE @ the lotion comment. Next time bring me along, we can fight the creepo off together. ;)

    ReplyDelete