Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tiny step..big leap.

Yello

So after a loooonggg week of preparation..which included alot of landscaping, flower planting, cooking, cleaning, deck building, garbage gathering, etc... I hosted my first annual end of summer party. If you have ever met my mom, you know shes a natural born host. Party planning and hosting and organizing is in her blood. She will call me from work to tell me she decided on make ahead potatoes for a party 3 weeks away. At the same time, Im still working on what to have for lunch THAT day.. let alone 3 weeks away :)

Anyway, a big thanks to all those who came and who brought tasty treats with them. that made my work load so very much lighter and I enjoyed all the company and chitchat without being completely worn out before the shin dig even began. Loved seeing some classmates from highschool that I hadnt seen in over 12 years! They were adorable! The weather was the only issue as it was FREEZIN outside :) But.. thats the beauty of fall.. to get that crisp beautiful air that lets us have the windows open, we have to sacrifice the constant flip flop wearing and don the fleece. I love fall. Adore it. I love football sundays with chili or wings a cookin.. i love the smell of halloween when the leaves are wet and the dusk is about to fall. One day, if one of my boys decides to play football, on fridays I'll be out on the bleachers with my hot cocoa and my snuggie (ill have to get one) embarrasing my offspring by yelling loudly at unfair calls and dirty plays.

So Anthony starts school on tuesday too! And the Dominic starts pre-school next monday. They are getting to be such big boys! Can you imagine for two days of the week for around 2 hours I will only have 2 kids here? Ill probably be bored! Im going to use that time for laundry I think. We can drop Dom off and them come home and do a couple loads, get it put away and when we pick up Dominic we can go to the park for awhile and then be home in time for Anthony to get off the bus. Rocco and Elliana deserve to have some fun too... and there are a couple really cute parks around here so I think we have a master plan.

Im trying to not freak about about the whole first day of school thing. Afterall, he is my first! So its soo very new to me. And unchartered territory, as we all know is very nerve racking. Im trying to move through it all very slow.. taking cautious baby steps so I dont have a full adult meltdown and scar him for the rest of his life.

Weigh in tomorrow AM.
Ill report the results in the AM.. then Im going to grill and enjoy the unofficial last day of summer :)

Happy Labor Day! (or memorial day as Ive been calling it for 2 weeks)
Hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends and your grill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment