Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thirty? Thirty. Thirty? Thirty. THIRTY????!! What?! Really!??!?!?

30.

Funny how its a number Im starting to dread coming up on my birthday here in a month and a half or so.

Its also a number that makes me squeal like a suckling pig off to the slaughter.

This week at weigh-in. I was down 3.2 pounds. Those pounds let me get up and over the thirty pound mark. I'll admit it. I ran out into the living room in my underwear. And as scary of a thought that that may be, at least its a 30lb less scary thought. I think my husband thought it was his lucky day (love is blind after all), as I came cruising out into the sitting room clad in just black undies. "whoa whoa whoa...what are you doin?" I said "come see". He walked (briskly) into the bedroom where Im sure he saw the scale and put two and two together....I showed him my weigh-in log that Ive been very dedicated in writing each weeks weigh-ins into, and monthly totals... and then made him look at the scale.

Thirty before thirty.

Wow. Im telling ya people.. if I can do it..ANYONE can. And admittedly.. it wasnt that bad. Time still passes.. no matter if we are doing something to improve ourself.. or just doin the same stuff weve been doing. 30 pounds came off with healthy choices.. but also with getting to eat out with friends, making tasty food and learning to trick our minds and bodies that we are full when maybe we arent as full as we are used to being.

Can you imagine what the next 30 might be like? Can I imagine buying jeans in a size I havent even thought about since I was 18? Wow.

Gone are the days where Im used to failing and being ok with it. Failing is EASIER than accomplishing stuff. Yelp.. guess I cant do it. Yelp guess Ill start next monday. Yeppers.. Ill just binge one more day and start again tomorrow. Guess what.. it was actually MORE difficult to spend the whole damn day JUSTIFYING why we ate what we ate, or why we chose to over eat/over drink/over indulge.

Whew.. that certainly clears up alot of time to actually focus on ourselves, follow our plan and manuever thru the road blocks that life, kids, dinners and peanut m&m's throw at us.

Looks like making ticktock time for OURSELVES.. actually benefits others with all the free ticktock time it gives us to put forth towards overall good. If Im not eating stuff and wasting time defending to myself why it was ok, or feeling tired and lousy because im loaded up with sugar and fat.. then wow wow wee wow I am an actual particpating and needed part of the family. Go flippin figure!

Alright loves, I need ya now more than ever as I figure the weekly poundage loss may start to slow and the frustration and disappointment will loom only to be egged on by halloween candy, birthday treats, thanksgiving delights blessed and given to us from Our Provider and xmas treats from he who ho ho ho's
.
If you see me flailing and floudering about-----> call me on it.

55 days to go till the big 30.

Fifty-five? yes. Till Im Thirty? yessum.

We gots some work to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment