Monday, June 28, 2010

Day one.. not to shabby.

Well I made it through Day 1.. and all in all it wasnt nearly as yucky as I had anticipated. I once heard it takes 21 days to make habit and 21 days to break one. Or maybe it was 14 days. Either way, that logic seems to make sense to me.

I found today that I could trick my own brain to my advantage. As long as I was eating something, albeit a fruit, veg or appropriate snack, my brain was happy. As was my belly and all the other nodes and nerve endings that experience euphoria when something crosses my lips. I promise to manipulate this to my advantage :)

At the grocery store, another first happened. I was actually proud of my cart! It was chock full of smart ones, fruit, veggies, kashi and other diet food fodder. Ive decided that Im going to plan meals up to a week in advance so theres no last minute scrambling for something thats allowed. I dont need much to rationalize eating something forbidden so Im out to eliminate that possibility as much as I can.

As it is, luck favors the prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Bre. I love your attitude. You are going to do it. You are so prepared at any way to get fit. I'm so proud of you. I wish I had ambition to plan meals or better yet, time to cook them. Agh....one day I will get there...I hope! Keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete