Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hello Jello...also known as I dont think you're ready for this Jelly..

I cant tell you why every time I eat Jello that I'm cursed with the Destiny's Child song live streaming through my head. They don't think you're ready for their Jelly? Do I even have the lyrics right....or are they actually something way more coherent? I'm not sure I would EVER be ready for any kind of jelly they have up for grabs.

That being said, I can report today as another W in the win/loss column of this journey. I rounded out my day with a 60 calorie sugar free banana fudge jello cup thingy. For 60 calories let me tell you that it over exceeded my expectations. So I've found a replacement for banana creme pie. As an added bonus I can throw it in my purse with no messy clean-up.

Later this afternoon I hit Kohl's with my best bud and snatched up a pair of adorable grey New Balance with Pink trim. If I have to wear them I may as well love them. Considered buying the new easy tones or sketchers alien-like workout shoes but I'm not sure I'm sold on that whole gimmick. And walking with child on hip (or two) is complicated enough as it is and I don't need to be tripping while I'm holding my precious cargo.

Surprised myself and made a spinach, feta, tomato, dried cranberry salad today with raspberry walnut dressing. I don't always love baby spinach as it tends to taste furry to me, and lets be honest its spinach we're talking about here not a danish so there's that too. So like one of my kids who has been requested to taste a new dish mommy has cooked.. I took a small forkful and bit. Umm....it was amazing. Who knew you could grow it, cut it, wrap it, sell it at Kroger and that Id mix it all together, taste it, and that Id love it. 6 points total for a very large salad, I felt so high end with its greenery, dried fruit component and sexy feta. Even if I was eating it in yoga pants I wore to bed and a stretched out tank top.

Off to bed as tomorrow marks day 3 of our backpack trip across the web. You will see less of me, and my jelly, in the a.m..

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Bre! I give you props on the Jello...that stuff makes me gag. But it's good for you, I wish I could eat it. And oh how I miss Kohls, but I did make it there a month or so ago and got some new running shoes and I love them. I'm not sold on the Sketchers alien shoes either. A lot of people out here have them, but I think they look too goofy and they aren't really worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're ready for this jelly....

    I saw Destinys Child in concert at MSU... it may have been the gayest thing I did when I was 20... hmm.. wait no that can't be right.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're sooo funny bree!! yay for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! We call your salad "Lodge Salad" here!! I love those and eat them all the time!! I love anything with Feta Cheese!! We have Spinach, mixed greens, apple slices, walnuts, feta cheese and a small bit of Raspberry Vinagrette dressing!! Yum O!

    ReplyDelete