Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Picking our battles..

Good Evening. My food list today consisted of skim milk, a few blueberries, raspberries, smart ones, spinach, cantelope, yogurt and kashi. Yes friends, I typed Kashi. I mean I knew it existed...8 grains, on a mission.. but Ive NEVER had it in my cart. Its the warm cinnamon something cereal, in cute little shapes and it actually tastes great. I could feel the bits of whole grain goodness as I chewed it up and I threw a few blueberies in to sweeten it up. I almost felt as though I needed to win a T-shirt or have my picture taken with a polaroid camera to be hung on the fat girl wall of victory. I also caught a couple episodes of Man v Food, hence this entry's title. That man is a beast. I dont know whether to start having a mini-crush on him, or to stop watching so his ratings go down, they cut the show, and therefore prevent the massive heart attack thats just a brewin'.

I haven't decided if watching that show is a smart idea or not as he was eating things that most of us eaters enjoy...ribs, corned beef, philly steak and cheese, and I sort of felt myself start wondering when the next time I will ever be able to enjoy a platter of fat such as Adam. I happen to accidentaly hit the down button or some random button on the remote and the show Worlds Fattest Man was on. It was right at like sponge bath time and I sat eyes afixed, mouth agape. The next mouthful of salad I took I almost gagged on. The quickly passing thought of something splurge-worthy was gone almost as fast as it came.

That being said.. my buddy Adams back on with his latest challenge and Im going to jump on the treadmill and watch him assault his mouth and tongue with a pepper so hot I didnt know even existed.

But in today's battle of Woman V Food.... Woman won.

2 comments:

  1. I love Man v. Food. I still wonder how he isn't fatter or have died of a heart attack. I can't believe the amount of food that man consumes. It's crazy to me.

    Way to go with today's battle. Woman shall rule the war! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I love that show as well!! Adam Richman is my hero!! I saw a show about him before and he said that he has to work out constantly just to maintain the weight he is at now!! Amazing! I think he has the greatest job! LOL

    Bre, you are doing so good and I love your blog so much!! It is so witty and full of funny comments that I find myself laughing out loud most of the time I read it!! I am so glad that I have you for a friend!! :) Keep up the great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete