Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4th times the charm..

Ive tried to write this blog four times.. Its been like a beehive here in my house. Things go in these WaVeS during the day... sometimes we are all entertained and preoccupied, and other times I am pulling apart two or three of the boys because they are in all out brawl mode over an incredible hulk toy.

Ive had a great couple of days tho.
I was down another pound yesterday and this morning when I got on the scale again just because Im a glutton for punishment.. I was down another 1.6 pounds. But Im only taking the one pound for the loss for this week and will hope for a HUGE week next monday. I had a snacky bad, temptation filled weeked. I used up a ton of points on friday with some cheese, a coney dog and an ice cream cone. Saturday I stayed within my points but 12 of them were used on pizza. Sunday we went out to brekkie and I had an awesome egg white omelette with onions ad tomatoes and felt fine. When 4 o'clock rolled around I just wanted to eat everything in the whole house. The problem was that I COULDNT FIND anything that was junky! I ended up eating a tablespoon of peanut butter right out of the jar and taking the 10 points for it. It did the trick. But I wasnt understanding why all of a sudden Id been wanting to eat junky food? Id been so dedicated and motivated for 7 weeks now. I have NEVER cheated one time before then, nor had I even touched my weekly 25 extra points. Not once. So I dont know if it all came crashing down on me and I started to go off track with my thinking and my rationalizing or what not.

But I am HAPPY AS HELL that its all over :)

Must have shook it all out of my system cause yesterday I was mortified that I ate a coney dog and followed it down with some ice cream. To be perfectly honest, I got a coney dog and fries. I ate the dog and it was yum. I had about 2 fries and they werent doing the trick so I went over and bought an ice cream and some onion rings. I ate 3 small onion rings (they were delicious but I wasnt even enjoying them). The small ice cream cone I did eat up and I cant lie.. it was really good. A couple hours before that I had eaten some cheese and some turkey jerky. IT really was a hot mess of a day.. but looking back I think if I added up all my daily points and my weekly bonus points that I was still within range. Over the weekend I also ate alot of smoked salmon as the main part of a couple meals. Not like pounds of it but 4-5 oz a meal. It was sooooo good- but it is sooooo salty. By sunday night i couldnt even pull my wedding ring off. I must have been retaining fluid like a porpoise. It was GROSS.

But all in all. I learned my lesson. I have to allow myself to use a few of the extra points here and there if I want to. If I dont and I am this crazy strict girl.. I will end up binging and going a bit off the deep end. Lesson learned.

I actually felt ill friday night and had heart burn all wekend from the shitty food.
When I got on the scale yesterday I was disappointed in my loss because I knew it could have been more if I hadnt eaten a bunch of salty yuck. This week I am cutting out anything other than water to drink or water/lemon. Im also upping the exercise to twice a day AND the killer stuff Tony makes me do. Its sucks while Im doing it but then Im so happy afterward. Kind of the EXACT opposite that I am with food.. happy while Im eating junky but then it sucks after- Hmmm... how profound!
So I drank like 3 L of water yesterday and did my handy dandy exercise and low and behold today Im down another 1.6 pounds. I bet that was 1.6 pounds of water bloaty bloat from the smoked fish and other salt laden weekend choices.

Lest ye learn from my shortcomings!

Hope I learn from my shortcomings too....

No comments:

Post a Comment