Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ugh.

I made an amazing healthy dinner tonight. It is such a joy to cook and eat healthy and my kids are soo good to me that they always love to eat their veggies and fruits and so DO NOT NEED to eat junk food.

Yes they get an occasional snack here and there. After all, they are just kids and who am I to deprive them of the well deserved treat. But most of you all have seen them, and they are all at a VERY healthy weight, extremely active, and love to eat any fruits and veggies I have.

Just today they enjoyed mango with their lunch. And they really liked it. For dinner, I made an enormous salad with a touch of feta, EDAMAME!!!, and homemade dressing with a Tbsp of EVOO. It was delicious and they each ate up their portion and asked for more.

If I give the impression that all I do is eat and cook healthy for myself, that is far from accurate. I make and bake my own ckn nuggets and "fries" or sweet potato fries, we pick black berries from our own bushes and the apples and pears are soon to come. A cucumber wont last a day in this house and Elliana loves cherry tomatoes so much.

I am disapointed in myself if I led you all to believe that I cast "junk food" to my kids, who are my pride and joy, while I then eat healthful food. That is SO not the case.

More about my complete turkey breast dinner I made tonight..I will share about that tomorrow.. it was amazing! And all for only 9 points complete with "dessert". I feel super bummed out right now and I dont want to write about that awesome dinner with a dark cloud over my head.

3 comments:

  1. If anyone believes you don't feed your family healthy food, they must not really know you well enough, because I have NEVER seen them fed anything less than healthy on a consistent basis. An occassional cookie or cup of ice cream never killed anyone; especially when the kids are still growing! You have gorgeous, healthy-sized, active children, and a slim and trim Hub - do not let ANYONE make you feel otherwise. Let me know if you need me to put the smack-down on anyone for you. Love you bunches. Xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never met kids who eat more healthfully or adventurously than your four do. I mean seriously, what kids ask for a cucumber over a bag of cheetos, or a mango over an ice cream cone? Yours DO! You should be the proudest momma ever! We are all painfully aware that when we project our insecurities and issues onto our children, they become theirs. What we should be doing is teaching our children healthy lifestyle choices, and making happy memories, NOT making them feel as if they're inadequate or just plain not good enough. We live in a world that tells us that everyday. It's a parent's job to love their child, teach them to make smart choices, and give them the tools to be successful in life...NOT to turn them into ourselves. Isn't it every parent's goal to have their children be MORE successful than they've been? So shouldn't we be striving for our children to be confident, happy and "issue-free" individuals? Tell me then, why would we make our issues theirs?

    Blog on momma! You've earned an A+ in my book.

    ReplyDelete