Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hello Hello.

Long time no see.

It was a hectic weekend. Check that. It was a hectic week!

We had a couple birthday dinners out, a Tigers game to attend and a mens night raffle. Time consuming, super fun.. alot of driving and ALOT of temptation.

And trust me.. after last week I really could have buckled. Mother nature was due and I was getting hungrier than normal. Plus sitting next to your peers and watching them eat a huge and amazing looking pile of nachos is pretty much all it takes to want some of those. I actually watched a friends boyfriend take a chip, dip it in liquid cheese delight, dip it in salsa, put a jalapeno on it and eat it. And i watched him do that like 20 times. He probably thought I had a mental problem or something cause I was watching him and I was just thinking about how tasty those would be, but how they were probably a zillion points and in the end I decided it just wasnt worth it. That doesnt mean I didnt WANT them.. But watching him gave me enough satisfaction to enjoy my handful of peanuts and diet pop. I skipped the hot dog and other delights and actually ENDED up with 3 points that day.

When yesterday rolled around I was pleased that I had chosen that route because the scale showed a 3lb loss. Now granted, I would have enjoyed the pizza or dogs or nachoes or ice cream in the MOMENT...but when scale time came yesterday I would have been upset. I chose to get my joy from the excitement and from the enjoyment of the company of my friends and that dear friends.. is fat and calorie free.

I did go ahead and get some f/f turkey dogs and 1 pt buns and had 2 for dinner last night. The kids love to eat them sans bun and they are a quick and portable snack.
2 dogs and 2 buns = 4 points. I loaded them up with mustard and a touch of ketchup a couple onion squares and it was delish.

Todays menu:
For brekkie the kids had half scrambled eggs and egg whites and one piece of whole wheat toast with spray butter or low sugar jam. And a banana. I had a smart one breakfast quesadilla for 4 pts. I know I could have eaten the scramble with them but we only had 8 eggs left and once you drain the whites out of 4 it didnt make much.

For a snack they had a piece of string cheese and a couple all-bran crackers.

For lunch which is in a few:
A high fiber, low cal, low fat tortilla
Fat free refried beans
fat free cheese
Some jacks special salsa
Might have some mandarin oranges (low sugar)
Or juice

For Dinner:
Hm....
Might do the hot dog thing again but throw them on the grill. Its so nice out that I hate to turn the oven on and heat the house up. I do have some tasty corn on the cob and thatd be yumriffic with that and maybe some roasted cherry tomatoes.

Well Im glad, as usual, that Im back to writing when I get a 3 minute break. I just figured out dinner and sometimes I am stuck thinking about it over and over until I think its something that everyone will enjoy.

Later on this week we are taking the kids to the fair and this weekend Elliana and Dominic are going up to Gigi and Papa's. My mom called out of the blue yesterday and 2 of the kids are now THRILLED and Im not telling the other two until we are about to leave.. Ill save the devastation until friday :) Sharing gigi?? Its a tough thing for a 3yr old to understand!

ALright.. more to come later. I have alot on my mind and I'll unload it all for your reading delight.

Lets all make good choices today :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see your kids, well at least 2 of them! :) Keep up the great work Bre.

    ReplyDelete