Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lawash or lavash...either way- I like it :)

Ok.. so I picked up some whole wheat lawash at the local Krog. Came out to 2 points for the wrap which isnt too bad even tho I thought it might be one. Tonight I filled it up with 4oz ff turkey lunchmeat, a tomato, some romaine lettuce, mustard and a swab of wasabi. It was delightful!

I figure it was about 4 points for the whole sandwich with the fixins and coupled with a cup of baby carrots it was very filling and very good.
My friend and copartner on this journey the other day made a very low point (5) remake of a coconut creme pie. She said it was magnificent!
Im going to attempt the same thing with a banana creme pie possibly for my holiday party coming up. I find it addicting, and very satisfying to take a recipe and tweak it any way I can to make it lower in points. After all..the more points I save there.. I can spend else where :)

I took the babysitter out to lunch today because she leaves for college tomorrow :(
Im super excited for her to start up her junior year.. but sad because the kids and I will miss her! Anywho... she chose chinese and I was unprepared but I think I did ok.

I chose a cup of egg drop soup
Szhrimp with veggies with no oil
white rice
It came with an egg roll too

I know.. drumroll.

So I scraped off most of the sauce anyway..ate about a cup of shrimp and veggies.
2 forks of rice
TOTALLY skipped the eggroll.

I know! I even cut it open and sauced it up...and I know its around 5 points for that and I had only used 3 points for brekkie on an egg white omelet with tomato and onion. But then I smelled it and kind of squeezed it and I ended up not being very impressed with it. Weight watchers must be getting into my bones because I love me an eggroll. I also love sesame ckn, general ckn, seafood fried rice and the list goes on and on. I actually worked in a chinese restaurant for awhile in college!

Maybe its the stuff that starts to develop once youre completely in this 100percent. Maybe we CAN enjoy treats out to lunch and dinner in SUPER moderation. Maybe we can enjoy the dinner date for the conversation and night out that it actually is. Coco and I had a great conversation...and I actually felt a little bit of victory when on my way home my stomach actually growled. It was almost if it was telling me... hey- good choices in the fried chinese, sauce covered world.. Ive already burnt up what you ate and now Im off to burn your chubb for energy.

Well one can always hope :)

Tomorrow its fiber one pancakes (I found boxes of the buttermilk kind on clearance for 1.00 today) and turkey sausage for brekkie. Ill probably have 2 pancakes or 3 litle ones and 1 sausage.

Lunch will be another lawash or lavash or whatever its called.. a wrap made of clouds and turkey and the fixins... and a serving of baked kettle chips. They are actually 20 chips for 2 points!! And they are very very good. You still get the flavor of the oh so good regular chips.. but on a thicker baked chip. Bravo Kettle chips... Bravo!

Snack.. 1pt jolly time kettle corn (my popcorn crush)

Other snack...homemade pico dipped up with peppers

Din din.... oh my.. i TOTALLY forgot to tell you what you HAVE to buy at Kroger this week:

Honeysuckle...turkey tenderloins 9.99 each but they are Buy 1, Get one FREE this week! Thats 5 bucks each and they are pretty hardy. I grilled two of them yesterday because I wasnt sure how far they would go and we had one whole one left over for today.. they were very juicy, very tasty...and low in points. I tried the rotisserie flavor and italian seasoning flavor yesterday. I avoided the teriayki.

I most definitely will be going back there this weekend and buying 5 more ..getting 5 free and throwing them in the deep freeze. I happened to have $1 off any honeysuckle coupon and you can use 1 each even for the free one so I will end up paying 40 bucks for 10. Sounds like alot but thats meat for 10 meals so once a week for 2 months and if I couple it with low cost or free side dishes.. it will make for a low cost meal.

2nd.. kroger carrots... are on for 10/10
I love these as a snack and grabbed up 5 bags the other day.

I also bought two bags of baby spinach that were reduced to .34 EACH
3 bags of romaine lettuce reduced to .64 each
All still with a week to expire and trust me they will be LONG gone before then

Quaker quakes on for a buck a bag if you buy 8.

SO...this is what I did yesterday. I started out with a coupon for $2 off 5 General mills cereals. They are on for 1.48 each if you buy 8 products (various products)
5 cereals @ 1.48 each = 7.40
3 bags of quakes @ .99/each= 2.97
Total..10.37 MINUS the $2 off coupon so total: 8.37 for 5 boxes cereal and 3 bags quakes. THEN for an added bonus for you mommies out there:

The coupon printer at the register (catalina machine) printed out ANOTHER $2 off 5 general mills cereal coupon AND a code for 10 BONUS boxtops!! I was thrilled!!

Ill be rolling that deal till the cows come home next time I go. Will probably spend about 25 bucks and end up with 15 boxes cereal and 9 more bags quakes and lots of BTFE's!

I know. Some of you are gasping and saying 20 boxes of cereal! WTF! Is she crazy??

Poss

But more likely.. just trying to save when i can :)

If we choose to all eat cereal for breakfast (which in a few short weeks will be what Anthony will get alot of mornings before school) then we can finish a box off no problem. They dont make those boxes very big anymore.. its like 6 bowls and the box is empty.. or you are lucky if you even get 6 bowls!

Speaking of cereal.. also had cascadian organic cereal for kids on sale 2.49 and most had $1 off coupons stuck on them so I picked up a few of those for a 1.50 which is pretty good deal for anything organic.

Guess itd be safe to say Im all stocked on cereal for the next couple months :)

I SOOOO need a good spaghetti sauce deal! I can actually see the back wall behind the sauce :)Might have to buy a bushel of maters and can some of my own.

Just kidding.

I may be domesticated but all that screams to me is 3rd degree burns and stained tile and countertop :)

Ill leave that up to bev and snag a few jars :)

I did make lots of SF jam tho! So im getting there :)

Speaking of domesticated and becoming a farm mother.. my husband wants to get a mini-goat.

More to come about the Great Goat Debate...

1 comment:

  1. bree you are doing awesome!! i love your posts, they are so hilarious and i always learn something:)) kudos to you

    ReplyDelete