Sunday, August 29, 2010

In the naughty spot....

Well...Im writing this post from the naughty spot. Its been a WHOLE week since Ive blogged. So here I sit in the Time out chair to try my very best to make it up to you. I do have lots and lots to talk about tho :)

I had a super busy week last week. T and I had a wedding to go to and there was much to prepare for! We actually got to spend the night away from the whole crew compliments of Auntie Beth and Auntie Teri! So as a chic.. deciding on the outfit is crucial, the shoe decision heart wrenching.. not to mention the packing and organizing and repacking and the MAJOR overthinking (like did I REALLY need 4 pair of underwear for an overnight trip? Was I anticpating peeing my pants with delight or something?) THEN on THURSDAY...T tells me that he hasnt dropped his suit/shirt/tie off to the dry cleaners and I about throttled him. I actually considered it. I was like UGH!! MEN! THey just have NO idea on the preparation BOTH physical and mental that woman go thru when it comes to very special events. We think about stuff, then rethink them and change this and change that and honestly by the time we get to the event we are half drained.. they of course are raring to go cause really all they had to do was dress themselves and get in the car.

But I digress...

Have you ever been to a wedding where you look at the couple who is about to be married and just like of glance at your watch and wonder just how long that couple will be able to deal with each other? While looking at them together you just see an obvious lack of magical chemistry and wonder to yourself....is she in this for the money? the looks? the sex? ...does he consider her a trophy wife? a naive wife ..or even a 'fridays for the girlfriend, saturdays for the wife'kind of arrangement? Ive been to a couple weddings like that and just kind of end up feeling sad. What happens after the big hoo haa of the event is over? After the dress is boxed up and the flowers have all died and the event of their marriage is just a faint memory of the buffet dinner and shitty favors that were painstakenly difficult to make but mostly left behind or discarded?

The wedding T and I were at was the polar opposite of what I stated above.

It was a wedding for the times. Not one that was extremely lavish.. altho very classy and very beautiful. When the bride was being walked down the aisle by her adoring parents she had that Im so nervous but so happy-must smile for the camera but cannot control my lips because they have a mind of their own look on her face. her and the groom kept laughing at something while standing close.. maybe it was little inside jokes.. or maybe those giggles eased their nerves as they knew they were in this together. She wore a stunning dress that had a single cross strap in the back which reminded me of her.. Beautiful in a classy, simple way. No big hair, no train to china, no beading in the wrong spots or 3 veils or GLOVES. Have you ever seen 27 dresses? OR is it 23 dresses? You know, the one with my girl from greys anatomy (kat heigl) ? Remember what that guy says? WHen he says he always likes to look at the groom when he sees the bride for the first time about to come down the aisle?

I actually teared up when I was watching the groom look at his bride to be. He was beaming. Not in that.. oh i better smile for the camera snap snap frown... but a real smile. A smile WITH a gaze. A smile WITH a gaze... in that moment he realized that beautiful woman was his in holy matrimony till death do them part. It is the same look she will see when she delivers their children. When she cooks him his favorite pot roast, when she shows up at his work with their kids. Its the same gaze that will be looking at her when shes not even paying attention- dressed in her jammies and hair in a pony maybe even drooling or snoring. When she stands up for herself he will watch her, when she comforts someone he will stare. The last thing he will see before he closes his eyes for the next 100 years will forever bring that same smile to his face.

That, friends, was the look of L O V E. You cant buy it, you cant even fake it.


1 Corithians 13:13 says

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love"

Congratulations newlyweds.





(p.s raspberry vinegarette was off the charts. If my clutch was waterproof I would have tried to smuggle it home)

1 comment:

  1. Bre- It was so great to see you on Friday! It made me tear up too, when Matt was just staring at her with that huge smile on his face. I had to turn around before the full waterworks turned on! :) Glad you enjoyed the wedding.

    ReplyDelete