Sunday, August 22, 2010

The weekend sprint...lap 1..lap 2.. and zzzzz

Ok before I even get into writing this I have to say I HATE FLIES. Sadly, my 4 children, 3 of whom can open and leave open the doors of our dwelling must not because they LOVe to give them ample opportunity to enter and fly about. UGH I COULD SCREAM.

Breathing in... and out.. and in..

Moving on.

My GLORIOUS, FANTASTIC, move over butter, pass the fat free gravy, martha stewart you'd be proud weekend :) It was all that. Plus more. It was almost like I bought two great nights and I got the third great night free. Just had to pay shipping and handling :)

Friday....

Shawn and Beth came up for dinner. Brent happened to be here already so what was abotu to be another uneventful night on Breen road turned into impromptu dinner party!

YAY!

So... menu:
Steaks for the boys and kids (very good cuts not kroger garbage)
Shrimp cocktail for all (especially my 4yr old Dom who LOVES shrimp and frequently asks for them for breakfast)
Diver Scallops courtesy of my guests -yumriffic
Tasty low point feta dressing made with rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, oregano, pepper, garlic powder (PHENOM)
Baked potato with the fixins for the boys
Grilled corn on the cob

And we ate. Like piggys. All of us.... but yet Beth and I felt so happy when we were all done because it was a delish meal that was very low in points.

For dessert.. she brought up some of her new remake of coconut creme pie, I bought mini-eclairs which are a touch more than 1pt a piece and I also cut some bananas in half and dipped them in 32 chips of good garadhelli (spelling?) chocolate. And then I froze them... and they WERE SO GOOD.

They tasted like banana custard frozen with chocolate syrup on top. And the whole banana was only 3.5 points but that was techincally for 2 banana pops.
Bahahahahaha... we laughed in the face of that little devil who sits on our shoulder and tries to get us to cheat :) We ate awesome.. and felt awesome for making good decisions.

Round two.. ding ding ding

So Im out and about with another friend and I say something about planning on going home and making spaghetti and mentioned that her and her hubs should come up and eat with us. And whattya know.. she took me up on it! So.. came home.. whipped up some homemade sauce with half ground sirloin, half turkey, lots of onions, carrots, garlic, parsley, italian seasoning and let it bubble away for an hour or so. I also made a regular garden salad that we each could dress ourselves, and took a long leftover baguette from the night before.. sliced it long ways and made a little butter/parsley/garlic powder mixture, applied it, and popped it in the oven. When it was brown and tasty I cut it into about 1 inch slices on an angle which I felt to be about one serving.

For dessert I had some strawberries half crushed marinating and getting juicy in the fridge with some splenda.. and had picked up a sugar free angel food cake. Sugar free angel food cake is WHERE ITS AT people. For 1/5 of that big bundt looking thing the breakdown goes as follows: 100calories, 0 fat/trans fat, 7g dietary fiber.

Thats ONE point per serving. I mean you could have a GIANT piece and still itd only be 2 points. Add a cup of berries for another point and hot dog you have an amazing dessert that only tastes naughty! Add some FREE cool whip (i was out so we didnt get too)
Ok so lets say you had a crazy bad day. If you sat down and ate that ENTIRE cake and like 2 cups of mushed berries ..itd still only be 7 points. Thats INSANE! Like one piece of regular pie cut in 1.16 or 1/8 of the pie is like at least 6 points. See... its all about FOOD choices. Choices choices choices. And doesnt it seem as time goes on we are starting to make better choices?

I mean .. in reality. I had two dinner parties WITH my 4 kids home.. and they both went off without a hitch. We all ate healthy... or at least with healthy options, and took the time to enjoy the gathering for what it was. Do you feel like Im beating a dead horse about this? We are now FEEDING our souls and our minds... INSTEAD of our bellies! That friends.. is what true soul food must be.

So this friday is my little cousins wedding! Tony and I are super excited to go. We not only get to get out of the house together, and have a reason to dress up.. but we get to see two people who are truly in love and seem to be soul mates profess their love in front of God and their families. What is more beautiful than that!

I did end up finding what I think is a super cute black dress. Its black, but a patterned black fabric. The top just has a V and then under the bustline it has black shiny big beads kind of in the pattern of an asterisk. Then the bottom has the fluted material... you know where theres like a layer then another layer, then another layer down until right below the knee. Its pretty comfy and Im going to pair it with a little black arm chub coverer. I found some amazing shoes at TJ mAxx that are a high heel thats kinds of thick.. with a strap around the ankle and what looks like some balck fabric flowing down the top of my foot. Kind of the match the flowing layers of the dress. So as long as I dont fall and bust my ass I should be good to go. Tonys going to wear his black suit and green shirt/tie combo. He looks soooooooooooo good in that combination. I will try my best to not look homly as I stand next to him :)

Alright kids.. Im off to do some pushups till I cry :)

Finish line in T minus 20 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment