Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy is as busy does.

Happy Friday.

So today my dear mother called me around 9 from work to tell me that her and my dad will indeed be coming for the holiday weekend. Two thoughts immediately popped into my brain. First and more importantly, I was very happy as my children all feel their Gigi and Papa make the world go round, and I do love to have people over. The other thought that popped in my head was .. um, shit.

Yesterday the hubs got off work a bit early so he decided to come home and epoxy the garage floor. It turned out amazing tho- no complaints here. The issue: once all the stuff, knick knacks, broken brooms and endless plastic child toys are removed- you really don't want them to go back in. The dark brown and white speckle makes the floor look so inviting.. kind of like a latte- those rich and warm and comforting tones make you forget about the troubles for a minute.

Right.

So therefore, hence the above mentioned use of profanity, I remembered the entire driveway full of the garage contents. I'm hoping my mother... aka The White Glove will let it slide as we are going to weed through it over the next day or so on our day off to pick and choose whats really a necessity and whats really nothing more than junk.

The inside of my house is never an issue. Other than a few random crumbs here or there or recently played with toys, its always presentable as that's the way I like it. Never know who might pop by unannounced.. like my mother or the schwans guy, or the handful of salesmen, Jehovah and lost kitty seekers who for some reason think my acre of wooded driveway and a german shepherd isn't a deterrent enough to stay away.

So guess what? I had a super busy day. I got up, fed kids, called customers, went to the post office, fixed 2 leaks with Tony, picked up my new biz card magnets and yard signs (very well done), shopped for my now weekend full of guests, stopped at a yard sale and snagged a new dresser for elliana thats vintage off white and adorable, and countless other finds, came home, unloaded said finds, rearranged guest bedroom/office (love it now), hung new pictures in kitchen and scraped a vinyl letter saying onto my wall above the bed with the help of Coco.

Whew. It was a non-stop day of one thing after another and one thing leading into another. Now to the guess what answer: I barely even thought about food. I had a super healthy breakfast burrito for breakfast for 4 points, a piece of salmon and stir fry veggies for lunch, blueberries and a 60cal banana fudge cup and for dinner a honest tea for 1pt and a turkey sandwich on 9 grain.
I honestly have eaten that much in the first half of the day because my brain loved to keep my stomach happy by filling it INSTEAD of by keeping my body happy by ENTERTAINING it.

Ive honestly had a mini-headache for two days now. I think its a little from detox from not much refined sugar, not much caffeine and nothing being ingested that's been fried, dipped, coated in sugar or frosted. The other part I think is because my brains a bit pissed that I'm engaging it actually and having it be accountable for its decisions. It may be so sure it knew me, that Id never change and that it knew what were the things that made my world go round.

5 days of successful battle against the beast. Its kind of amazing how much more time there is in a day, and how much more you get done when you re not snacking on this or grabbing a handful of that.

Idle hands are most definitely the devil's handiwork.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Bre! 5 days that AMAZING. I'm jealous of the garage sales you find. Another thing I miss about Michigan. Here everybody just sells junk, nothing of any real value. I can't wait to get home and find some decent garage sales! :) Stay busy and keep up the good work. Tell Gigi and Papa that we say hi from here in Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a post office trip!! ;) You know I love ya!! :) You are doing so good...I anxiously await your postings each day as it is my escape to your wonderful, witty world!! Keep it up, you are my entertainment for 10 minutes each day!! :)

    ReplyDelete