Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Give me a P...give me an A...give me an R...give me a SNIP...

Yes. That's right.

I not only bought a white lovely carrot like vegetable...I cooked one and ate it too.
And I liked it.

I mean it wasn't a single of blue moon, or a slice of raspberry pie...but it was actually really good.

Maybe part of this whole journey is also about having a TRUE appreciation for food. Not just the LOVE for food itself, but the actual admiration that comes along with savoring each and every bite and appreciating textures and tastes for what they are. Funny thing is.. I don't really LOVE all the no-no foods that are out there. And when I compare them to the fresh and newly found love for delicious vegetables and fresh fruit..I wonder what the hype is all about? Is fried chicken really that great when all you taste is this magical blend of 20 spices and grease? How do you even know if that's chicken in there? What if its rat and that's why there has to be a zillion spices?

I tend to eat slower now. I sit and chew with thought. I actually LEAVE things left over on my plate. I know!! I don't have to eat every crumb AND lick the plate and I wont die. Theres a revelation every minute some days. :)

That spicy, crunchy root will serve as a milestone in this backpack journey till November.

I not only ate that parsnip....I embraced it.

125 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment