Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oh weekends you tempt me..

Whew... well I made it through Saturday. For some reason being home all day with the kids without having to do any real busy work made it harder to stay away from the fridge. They are constant eaters.. I'm loading the dishwasher after breakfast and Anthony already wants goldfish crackers. We made dipper eggs (that's what my Dom calls those that are sunny side up) and 9 grain toast along with oranges for breakfast. For lunch it was chicken nuggets and baked fries for them and a chicken enchilada smart one for me with a side of broccoli. That smart one was pretty darn good. I chopped up a tomato on top for a little moisture and to add more volume and when I was done I felt full, and satisfied in a taste kind of way too. I mean its no Poncho's soft homemade tacos, but for the time being it did its job well. You all would have laughed at me because I took out the container of light sour cream, calculated the points.. 1 for 2 tbsp...started my wheels spinning and then I put it back. My mind could not rationalize using up another point for 2 tbsp of something that I probably didn't need. And it was right. I wouldn't have even tasted it really because the enchiladas come with some kind of spicy cheesy creamy looking sauce. So I'll take that as a win in the battle of brain over belly. For dinner I made a roast in one of the magical pots with some carrots and some red sauce I had made the other day for homemade manicotti. I measured out 3 oz for 5 points (Not super worth it but I was in the mood for that comfort food) took a whole carrot from the pot for 1 (seeing as how it basted in the meat juice I figured I should take one) and had a spinach and baby lettuce salad on the side with some of the homemade applebees cheater dressing. I made it a bit different than I had posted by using only a tbsp of light mayo, dijon mustard, 3 dashes of sesame oil, 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar and emulsified it with some EVOO. It made about 3 servings so I errored on the side of fat and took 2 points for it. So dinner notched me out for 8 points. Total yesterday I ate about 10 points less than I should have. It wasn't that I was being some kind of cape wearing hero. I just wasn't in the mood to eat and every time I was giving the kids a snack I was talking myself out of having a snack too. So I think I half hypnotized my spongy brain into listening to me for once.

Today will be a challenge as well. Tony will be gone again for the first half of the day and Ive already had to pass on goldfish crackers, olives, and honey comb cereal. For lunch I took some brats out of the freezer for the kids and for Tony. Yes, brats. The cheese ones. The ones that God specifically formulated to meet every fat girls dream. Grilled meat WITH melty cheese inside? Does it get better than that? Then you get to put it into a homemade Italian roll and slather it with mustard? Ugh. I refuse to eat one. I'm not even going to calculate the points on it so I don't try to rationalize eating one. Its probably around 20 points or something closer to 1000. Id have to starve till wednesday because Id be over my points by a trillion or something. Im going to stick with that as although my brain had a victory yesterday, my belly is a wily bastard... hes sneaky, hes tricky and hes a manipulator. Especially when it comes to cheese filled delights. I only took out one package too and I think there is 6 in there so that's one each and 2 for tony. I'm going to head down to the freezer of sanity and have a tasty smart one. Maybe the sesame ckn one and make some brown rice to go along with it and bulk it up a little. Either way I wont be tempted by the brat of desire. He may look delicious, he may taste like heaven.. but he will go right to my belly bulge and piss me off the rest of the day. Sorry brat. Today you lose.

For dinner I think Ill fire up the charcoal grill again and do some grilled zucchini and some grilled lamb burgers. I'm going to try to make some quick tsatziki with some light sour cream, garlic, and cucumber. I don't happen to have the greek yogurt I need and it doesn't warrant a trip to the store. I don't think Ill eat one tho as 2 oz of lamb is 4 points.. but tony will be clicking his heels in the air with joy. Ill probably throw some ckn breasts on there for tonight and for the next couple days for a quick salad addition or ckn salad lunch. Might as well cook as much as I can once I have it fired up because its truly a task for me.

Im going to go through the ads later and post any good deals that I see. I did hit the kmart doubles this week and picked up some jergens overnight relief lotion for a $1 a bottle normally 4. Hahahahah and its for feet and cracked hands for all of you who were wondering exactly what that was for. I'm having girls night the 24th so I have to make sure my stockpile is replenished and ripe for the picking. I want those girls to go home thinking they just hit the jackpot at some crazy grocery store :)

If you live near a 7-11...today you can go and get a FREE slurpee (7/11/10) So hurry on in there and have a cherry slurpee and think of me.. then call me to tell me how it was and/or stop by and let me smell your breath. Should hold me over until I can have a slurpee again :)

For any of you who live near a CVS.. Ive seen tearpads on the beverage coolers with coupons for 50 cents off vitamin water or vitaminwater zero. If you take those coupons to meijer or sometimes kroger you can get yourself some free vitamin water if your store doubles. So keep a watchful eye out for those.

I stole a recipe from my lls for iced coffee and modified it a bit today:
1 large glass filled with ice
1 pkg instant coffee
1 cup water
1 pkg cappuccino cooler french vanilla
1/2 cup almond milk

Blend and enjoy for only 2 points.
Its a glass licker for sure as its d e l i c i o u s.

Alright.. off to busy myself so I stay away from the fridge and the pantry of temptation. After all tomorrow is weigh in day!!!

Did i just use 3 exclamation points after the words "weigh-in day" ?? Could it be that Im actually excited to get on the scale and see progress?

Pigs can fly.

And this piggy will see you all tomorrow bright and early.

3 comments:

  1. Breana, you can HAVE a small Slurpee! They have Crystal Lite ones. My God, if you limit yourself too much you will quit eventually. Trust me. Been there, done that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... Teri you are too funny. I dont love a slurpee.. I was trying to be funny. Plus the money Id spend on gas getting to the nearest 7-11, would not equal a free small slurpee :) I have my blender and my crystal light and my ice and that slurpee girlfriend is doubly free. Free in points and cost :) Now thats a win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for all the tips today!!hope weigh in day is awesome for you:))

    ReplyDelete