Tuesday, July 20, 2010

O M G

Well I did it. I actually completed my first day one of week one of the couch to 5k challenge. I cant lie and say it was inspiring or exciting or gave me a sudden love for exercise. It sucked. The jogging made that minute seem like an hour and the walking made th 90 seconds pass by soo fast because I was dreading the jogging part. But I still did it.

I was super tired and had a mindful of excuses why i shouldnt/didnt want to/didnt have to....but the new me prevailed and on went my pink new balance. I have to say that for a fleeting second as I broke into a sprint...I pictured myself jogging and looking good doing it. Although that may not be now, or anytime in the near future, it IS a possibility. That treadmill just may wear on me.

I have no excuse now to not exercise.. and the walking I was doing was for the last three weeks was NOT exercise. I mean it was something.. and thats better than nothing. But today was real exercise. It was the dripping, panting, swearing kind :) You know, the good kind.

Next workout on thursday.

Behold...I am an exerciser.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of myself as a runner..now I have run over 10 miles at once and keep to my 5 days of running a week (45 min). Anyway, being injured now and not able to run, only swim or bike...it is such a bummer.

    If you keep it up and make it a habit you look forward to it ....I stay home too so I look at the time as "my" time. I get to have no kids, no husband and a great friend time. We talk the entire time and enjoy not being interrupted. Now we miss it when we get off schedule...like the time so much we even go out in snow, and minus zero temps. I have a new appreciation for the wonderful sunsets and rises and the quiet of the world at 6am.

    Try reading "born to run" and you will learn that running is not supposed to be torture or a "bad thing" it is fun...like when you were a kid that ran around the yard for fun....not for a purpose like weight loss...totally changed how I look at it. Instead of I HAVE to run I say I GET to run...how lucky is that! Blessed indeed.

    Go get 'em and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete