Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Roadblock cometh..

I almost hit a wall yesterday. The stress level in our house is seriously through the roof. Theres the business stuff, personal stuff, kid stuff, life stuff, stuff stuff on top of that and ugh....
And theres food. There is sits with its inviting, warming glow.. whispering promises of instant comfort and relief. It makes you want to eat it. It makes you want to believe that you'd feel better if you grabbed that spoon and finished off the rest of a container of chocolate almond.

I fed my stress so many times in the past it was almost as if I didnt know what to do to not feel so down. My kids were sleeping, my hubby was engrossed in a TV show and I was sorting my coupons. I finally got up, drank a huge glass of water and went to sleep. I realized that even if I would have filled my face with something decadent and forbidden, I still would have been just as stressed. Actually probably even MORE stressed because it would have been the first time I would have cheated since I started this journey.

Need to snap out of it today somehow..not feeling the urge to eat but just feeling kind of blah.

Retail therapy needed. Will update status after therapy session over :)

1 comment:

  1. The biggest piece of knowledge I received when I was quitting smoking was:

    There is always stress. Always a reason to say, "Now is just not the right time to quit because of X, Y, and Z."

    A person who wants to reform themselves will say, "If I can quit smoking/eat less/work out more now - when all this bullshit is stacked against me - it'll be really easy later, when the stress is gone.

    The truth is the stress is never gone.

    Keep going. And for sure, keep writing about it.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete