Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oh...wasabi..you are my bff.

You heard it. You coat it, powder it, or dip it in wasabi and I am going to l o v e it.

Where does it even come from? I think its in the horseradish family? Im sure I could google it but wheres the fun in knowing exactly where it came from when i can just assume its a small gift from above. What I do know for certain is that I could eat cardboard if I had a small bowl of low sodium soy sauce with a mound of that green delight melted into it to dip the cardboard in.

I know its cheater sushi...but I could eat a california roll every day. And thats not because Im against a spicy tuna roll or my friend Beths fav alaska roll. Im even ok with the nigiri. Its that damn "Monsters inside me" show on the discovery channel that absolutely freaks my freak out. Like 1 out of every three cases of crazy liver eating or intestine melting parasite has been contracted from eating raw fish. And it just skeeves me out. Especially seeing as how we dont really live near a body of water that hosts tuna or shrimp. So cal i for nia rolls it is for this sushi lover. 5 points for a 6 piece roll of that delight. Sad part is, if it did have parasites, I probably lose weight alot faster, and the protein in those worms would lower the points value. :)

Can you believe that a Kroger by me makes it to order? They actually have a guy in there in full chef garb handling that sticky rice and nori to perfection. In a pinch, its actually pretty good. Better than the stuff you can get pre-packaged a week ago at Meijer, but not as good as your Sho gun or Fishbone sushi bar.

Whats your favorite sushi? Ever had it? Scared to try it? Have a must-try for me?

I think the thing with sushi is that it FEELS naughty..with all the accoutrement and sides and wasabi goodness. But if you think about it.. its just fish. Not good old fish n chips, but plain fish, and veg, and a bit of white rice. Its not battered or deep fried.. although it can come that way but soooo not worth the points. I like the veggie one too... and its only 2 pts for the whole roll. So for 12 points you could have 2 cali rolls and a veggie roll and if you ate all that youd be sooo super stuffed. Im not even sure I could eat all that in a sitting. But once again, having that whole plate full of allowed food to pick and choose at makes the brain feel uber happy. And having leftovers is something Im not super familiar with, but am becoming more accustomed too.

Ever had a wasabi soy almond?

I love the wasabi stuff thats on them so much that I may or may not have sucked the flavoring off of like 15 or so of them just so I wouldnt have to take the points for the almonds.

Yes, its that good. I used to do that with doritos, with the cool ranch ones. I didnt really love the dorito but I love that cool ranch flavor. I dont dare do that now as that ranch flavor for sure has some points in it.

This time tho.. I didnt put them back in the bag :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoy your sushi. Doug loves it too but I can't stand it. I tried it once and almost barfed. Doug loves the sushi place out here and has been trying to get me to go for a while but I never will. Part of that stems from the fact that I don't eat anything that lives in the water. That's no fish, no crab, no lobster. None of it. I think it all tastes disgusting. But I'm glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete