Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wow wow wee wow.

For all of you who have kids... you know how pricey christmas can get. This week at most kmart locations, all of their toys that were already marked down on the clearance rack/aisle are being reduced again by 50%.

Go ahead and zip there, you can finish reading this when you get back :)


I managed to get a ton of xmas shopping done with this years sale. Ended up getting 340 dollars worth of toys for 140. And that's for 4 kids so 2-3 things each and a couple big things for everyone from mr. claus. My cart was overflowing and even the Kmart register lady was like WOW. Then you know what she said to me? "I ought to get back there to toys and see what kind of deals there are." WHAT?!?!?!? You mean to tell me you WORK here and you couldn't even jaunt back to the toys and buy everything you'd want/need for xmas before the doors even opened? Are we as Americans so blaize about life in general that a deal as f a b u l o u s as this doesn't even get our hearts a pumpin? Do we love to be in this recession? Are we now comfy and cozy in a life of mediocrity and are so used to over paying for nearly everything that we just roll over and eat it?

Save your skins people. Why spend your hard earned money on stuff you can get for half off?

Then ... at Kohl's.. I was in shopping for school shirts for Anthony - it was 50% off most stuff and Tonys dad had and extra 30 off coupon so the savings were really climbing. We get to the checkout and my total goes from 130 to 60. And that was for 10 shirts, some short sleeve, some long, and some random pants/towels/shorts. The lady checking us out says... "Yea I try to use my coupons at the grocery store but I always forget them." W h a t ?!? You put the time and effort into clipping and sorting your coups and then forget them at home. So...what you re saying is that you LIKE to overpay? That you WANT to over pay?

I challenge you now, dear to my heart readers. Next time you go to the grocery store...use your coupons. Love them. Respect them with a nifty binder. Scrutinize your mean cashier to make sure shes using the coupons correctly.


If you dont use them on an item that has a current coupon out and youre about to purchase it...you have to pay that 1.00. What if you had 10 items in your cart that had coupons out for them? Try to make me believe you dont have some place better to use 10 bucks.

Coupons are the new cash.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm......i will take that challenge:) I LOVE a good deal, but i have to admit i'm awful at clipping and organizing:/ You have inspied me:o)I'll let you know how it goes!!! By the way speaking of school shopping Old Navy is having really good deals right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing much better with my coupons. I spent my Sunday re-organizing them and when I went to the grocery store on Monday it was delightful. I save $60.00ish between sales and coupons. That was 37% of my total. It was amazing. We are getting to have a pretty good stock pile at my house. All thanks to you. Now if I forget my coupons I drive back home and get them. I'm getting better at remembering. :)

    ReplyDelete