Monday, July 19, 2010

A neglecter I am...

I know.
I've been neglecting you. Im guilty. But I hope you'll forgive me when I report that although Ive been lazy at my blogging.. I haven't been lazy on my journey.

Proud to report a 3# loss this week.

Grand total three weeks in: 11.6#

You know whats funny? Im still kinda doing the same stuff. I go out to dinner with my friends, I cook big pots of spaghetti and meats of choice in the magic pots, I get the kids numerous snacks a day-- yet I don't even really feel tempted to eat off course. Its weird. Weird in a sort of I don't want to think about it too much and jinx it back to normal kind of way.

I also have a new found love for hot sauce. Ive been putting it on those veggie fillers that I eat to fill up my plate, and my belly. And Ive really grown to like it spicy :)

Alright. Time to announce my new challenge. This one may indeed kill me. I have been keeping my word and doing my exercise 3 times a week. I loathe that treadmill tho. Its right in my bedroom and it greets me every morning when I wake up. When I'm sitting here blogging or reading its whispering to me to suit up and jump on it. Occasionally I will even glare at it. I cant lie. I hate to exercise. I dont mind if its like yard work or playing with the kids or cleaning, etc. But the rigid, boring, walk for 20 minutes and end up in the same spot sucks sooooooooooo bad. And its right in front of the Tv so its not like it should be that bad. I don't know. I guess it just doesn't do it for me. So.. today I decided I might as well hate it worse and start a 5k challenge. I will start tomorrow. Today I will shop for cute treadmill worthy attire for jogging and try to mentally gear myself up. I vow to blog my progress and each session I complete. If I happen to drop dead.. I will have Tony post my obit that so you're all not waiting for my next update.

Can you imagine? Me? Running in a 5k? In public? In running attire?

Well I gotta start somewhere....

I'll post tomorrow after session 1. 20 minutes of alternating 90 seconds walking and 60 seconds running.

I'm also vowing to post before and after pictures of myself. I probably wont be all done by november, but I am going to post a picture on the 13th..the big day before I turn thirty as to what progress Ive made. Now if that's not motivating to start loving that damn treadmill I don't know what is.

Tomorrow, the love/hate affair between the treadmill and I begins.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have to say a challenge sure makes a person do it, whatever it is excercise, eating better, etc! Whether we want to or not, us humans feel a little more in control that way. Good for you on making a challenge - stick to it! You can do it! -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your challenge to yourself. We are running/ walking a 5K in August. You should join us. I can push a couple kids in a stroller. I'm used to that, I push one of my co-workers kids when we run. It gives me a little extra push. Consider it, it should be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete