Monday, July 12, 2010

Well hello there wooshie fairy....

When your little and you lose a tooth.. you wait ever so patiently for dusk to fall so you can put your tiny dentin filled treasure under your pillow. What will that fairy bring? Hopefully at least a dollar or two, or if youre lucky and its a weekend maybe the tooth fairy has had a few beers or glasses of vino and mistake a 5 spot for a dollar.

My whooshie fairy must have came last night. I wont lie, I was worried about todays weigh-in. Not because I wasnt exercising or because I had cheated in any way, but mostly because my friend mother nature was over for a visit. Also- I had had such a great week during week number 1, that I thought for sure week 2 might be a disappointment which would then start the wheels spinning for total self-destruction.

I got on and off my scale 8 times today. I moved it from here to there and stepped on, and stepped off. My husband was like "wtf? If it says the same thing over 8 times it must be accurate."

The scale read 5.2 pounds less than last monday. 5.2!!! I about peed my pants. If I hadnt already squeezed every ounce of fluid out before I stepped on the scale I just might have. I dont anticipate a loss like this every week. Like I said, Im a realist. But I'll take it :)

Weight watchers really makes it easy to do this. I know. I wrote that. It allows me to have a little bit of this and a little bit of that and not feel guilty if I do. Who knew you could eat AND not feel guilty?? That you didnt have to always eat your own different pre-packaged meals and start longingly at the food your family members were mowing down? That your mother was indeed RIGHT when she said over and over.. its portion control and exercise.. more has to go out than comes in..

Thank you dear whooshie fairy.. please stop in again next monday and every monday from here till November 14th. I imagine you as a short, fat, little grandmotherly looking fairy.. who swoops in and magically zaps the lard out of our bodies while we slumber. Zap away granny you got lots of work left to do :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Whooshie fairy or not, you must have found the key to unlock the dreaded fat cells. Hello new body and improved health!-M

    ReplyDelete